February 11, 2008

Duke telephonic interview

I am updating this blog after real long. I wasnt away from the blogosphere. But there wasnt too much to update about. I applied to six schools and not having heard from anyone of them, I was going through this cycle of apprehensions and disappointments. I have seen many of them who are in the same boat and others who have received invites from their target schools. I am real sure that this one of the toughest phases in the application cycle. Keeping the hope and not letting self-doubt creep in.

The only update so far has been receiving an telephonic interview invite from Duke. I had requested an alumni interview from Duke. And they have scheduled an telephonic interview - kind of videoconference (with Skype and Webcam..not sure if anyone else has such an interview experience. If so pls share your inputs). Its something good. However Duke interviews most of its applicant pool, (the on-campus interview is for all, only the alumni interviews are by invitation) I am not sure where I stand.

All I can do now is prepare well for the interview and do my best!

Folks, wish me luck

I received valuable inputs from Achilles and Mbabound on interview prep. Thanks a ton!
Anyone else in the blogosphere who is interviewing with Duke for R2?

3 comments:

JulyDream said...

Congrats on the interview! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. :D

Kate_13 said...

I interviewed with Duke in person for R2. I would recommend checking out the accepted.com database and definitely check over the clubs. Just like nearly everyone on the database - I also was asked about clubs and where I would be interested in participating.

Beyond that - I have to say that Duke is one of the more "touchy-feely" schools - they are taking some time to really get to know you, rather than investigate your history. Good luck!

MBAandBeyond said...

@paige,
Thanks for those wonderful wishes :)

@firstmuse,
The interview was standard, like u said..with a feel good feeling..hope it went on well..:)
Good luck to u too!