November 5, 2007

Re-thinking on Schools

I am interested to pursue a career in Strategy and Consulting or General Mgmt post MBA. Based on my career preferences, I had decided to apply to these 5 schools prior to GMAT.
1. Wharton
2. Chicago
3. Ross
4. Darden
5. Duke.

I got just about a decent score in GMAT and was contemplating retaking it. But with 2 months to go and deadlines of schools for R2 in Jan, I decided against it. I have decided to work hard on my apps to offset for my not so good GMAT score (700). Yet, to get my AWA scores.

I have been thinking of dropping some top schools and choosing some lower ranked schools.

The choices I have been considering are Emory, McCombs, Tepper.

With less than 2 months to go, I would not be able to do more than 5 schools. Now, I am in dilemma of which ones to drop and which ones to choose??

Any suggestions??

5 comments:

mbabound said...

Dude, 700 is a great score!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the MBA blogosphere (interesting blog name, btw :-))
for gen mgmt i think tuck is really good, u may wanna check out their site, and drill down to "why choose tuck" part on the left nav bar - and ur right on the mark for their avg gmat score too
all the best!

Anonymous said...

oopsagain2010@gmail.com

RunningTurtle said...

You touched the magic figure. 700 is a good score. Have a great application season.

Anonymous said...

hey did u finally submit tuck? hows ur other apps going?